International Women’s Day, celebrated each year on March 8,
is a day honoring the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women around the world. The day is also an opportunity to promote gender parity. According to its official website, International Women’s Day has been marked for well over a century, with the first March 8 International Women’s Day gathering supported by over a million people all over the Wolrd.
Today, International Women’s Day belongs to all women – and their allies – everywhere and is acknowledged around the world.
Happy Women’s Day!
“Here’s to strong women: May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.”
“Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.”
– Judy Garland, American singer and actor
“If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.”
– Katharine Hepburn, American actor”
Don’t let anyone tell you you’re weak because you’re a woman.”
– Mary Kom, Olympic boxer
“I raise up my voice – not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard. We cannot succeed when half of us are held back.”
– Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani activist and youngest Nobel Prize laureate
“Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”
– Mother Teresa, Nobel Peace Prize laureate
“If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.”
– Margaret Thatcher, first female prime minister of Britain
“If you want to achieve something in life, you have to take risks.”
– Dipa Karmakar, Olympic gymnast
“A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman.”
– Melinda Gates, co-founder, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
“I am a Woman
– Maya Angelou, American poet and civil rights activist